PROF. ALEXANDRA MIKROULEA IS A FOUNDING PARTNER AT THE LAW FIRM “MIKROULEA, STAIKOURAS AND ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM”
Alexandra holds the position of Professor of Commercial Law at the Law School of University of Athens. She is a graduate of the Law School of the University of Athens and has a PhD from the Faculty of Law of the University of Munich (1991-1994). She has served as a Special Expert for the Hellenic Competition Commission (1997-2000) and subsequently as a Member thereof (2000-2003).
From 2007 to 2009, she represented the Hellenic Bank Association (HBA) to the EPC Legal Support Group (European Payment Council), while she has also worked as a consultant of the HBA in domestic and international fora. Her academic experience also includes working as a Scientific Fellow at the Max Planck Institute, Munich, on Innovation and Competition (1992-1994, 1998-1999, 2000-2001, 2016-2017) and as a Visiting Scholar at UPenn (University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, USA) in 2010, at the Faculty of Law of the University of Mainz, the Faculty of Law of the University of Munich (2010-2011), the UCL, London (2018) and NYU, New York (2018). She has an extensive research activity, both in Greece as well as abroad, and has served as a member of law-making committees, in the fields of competition law, banking law, trademark law and consumer protection law.
She represented Greece as National Rapporteur in FIDE (Federation International de Droit Européen), on issues pertaining to competition and private enforcement (2010 and 2016) and consulted on a project for collective redress and competition law, led by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL), on behalf of the EU (2017).
Alexandra is one of the leading experts in competition/antitrust law as well as in the law of intangible goods at national and international level and has been servicing as an advisor and litigator for industry leaders.
- LLB from the Law School of the Athens University (1991)
- Postgraduate degree from the Law Faculty of the Munich University (Ludwig Maximilian University) on the fundamental principles of civil and public laws
- Ph.D in European Competition Law from the University of Munich – Faculty of Law (1994)
Competition and Antitrust Law, Industrial Property & Intellectual Propeerty Law , Banking Law and Insurance Law
- Member of FIDE (Federation International de Droit Europeen). Greek Association of European Law
- Member of the German Association for Banking Law (Bankrechtliche Vereinigung)
- Member of the Institute for Studies in Competition Law and Policy (IMEDIPA)
- Expert Associate at the Max Planck Institute, Munich, on Innovation and Competition (1992-1994, 1998-¬1999, 2000-2001, 2016-2017)
- Member of the EPC Legal Support Group (European Payment Council), representative of Hellenic Bank Association (2007-2009)
- Member of ASCOLA (Academic Society for Competition Law) International Forum for well- known academics and Professors in the field of Competition Law since 2007
- Member of the law-making committees on issues pertaining to competition law, banking law, capital market law, trademarks, consumer protection and insurance laws.
- Member of the Examining Committee of Athens Bar Association (in the field of Commercial and Business Law)
- Member of the State Examining Committee for the selection of Legal Counsels and Experts in the field of Commercial and Business Law -Ministry of Defense (2008-2009)
- Member of the State Examining Board for the selection of Civil Court Judges (in the field of Commercial and Business Law) 2011-2012 and 2007-2008
- Member of the Hellenic Competition Committee (2000 – 2003)
- Member of the editing board of the law review “Private Insurance Law Review” (in Greek)
- Member of the Hellenic Association of Commercial Law Attorneys
- Member of EMEOD (Society for the Study of Commercial and Financial Law)